- Force Restart iPhone or iPad
- Force an iOS app to close
- Add Today View Widget
Sometimes you might need to force restart your device. A force restart won’t erase the content on your device. You can force restart your device even if the screen is black or the buttons aren’t responding.
Follow these steps:
On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
Press the Home button two times quickly.
You’ll see small previews of your recently used apps.
Swipe left to find the app you want to close.
Swipe up on the app’s preview to close it.
More information is available from Apple.
1) Swipe downwards from the top of your screen to show the Today View.
2) Tap the Today View at the top if it is not already selected. (You can also swipe from left to right).
3) Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap Edit
4) Add your chosen apps Today View Widget to the Today View by tapping the green + button to the left of it.
5) You can arrange the order of Today Widgets by tapping and holding the three lines to the right of any active today widgets and dragging widgets up or down.
6) Tap Done at the top right of the screen. Note: Today widgets are only available in iOS 8 and later.