App Review 360 FAQs
- How does it work?
- Other services allow me to see reviews
- What reviews can I see?
- I am not seeing new reviews
- Can I turn off notification sound?
- Can I save an app, podcast or iBook?
- I can only see 3 reviews
- Are all stores checked?
- Reviews not refreshing
- I am seeing duplicate reviews
- Ratings review count doesn't match reviews from country
– Tap on chosen item.
– View reviews.
– Pull down to force refresh.
– Tap filter to access options to filter by rating, country and version (where applicable).
– Tap Reset Filter to return to full view.
– Tap Save to save item and enable background updates.
– Tap on a review for more details.
– View full details.
– Tap Email to send full review.
– Tap Translate to translate reviews in other languages.
– Tap on Ratings to view the overall rating for every country.
– Tap on any of these countries to filter reviews by that country only.
AppReview360 quietly monitors for reviews in the background, and notifies you as new reviews are posted.
View full reviews, filter by star rating, version and country, email and even translate!AppReview360 will also display ratings on a country basis, so that you can better understand how ratings may vary in different stores.
AppReview360 can automatically check in the background and notify you of new reviews.
The key features of AppReview360 are that it automatically monitors your chosen apps in the background and notifies you to new reviews. Not just reviews from your country, but all reviews, from all countries, delivered to your iOS device.
AppReview360 also brings together the country based ratings to enable you to better understand how reviews may differ in different regions.
All reviews are then easily viewable in one easy list.
Reviews can be translated at the touch of a button, and can be emailed to your support team for action simply by tapping Email!
If you are a developer with access, please feel free to check in iTunes directly that you have received new reviews.
AppReview360 automatically checks in the background, with a maximum frequency of once every 3 hours. However, background activity is dependent upon the use of your device and the app.
You can force a refresh of reviews for a given app by pulling down on the relevant App Review screen.
Please switch audible alert off in settings.
* Subscription users only.
Reviews for saved items will be checked automatically, and AppReview360 will notify you when new reviews are found.
Please subscribe to view all available reviews from all countries, as well as many more features.
We monitor the list of stores, and update them as they change.
You can override this by pulling down on the reviews screen.
However, please note that constantly refreshing may well cause empty data sets to be returned from Apple, as they may throttle excessive use.
If you notice empty data sets, save the app, podcast or iBook, and check back in an hour or so, and the reviews should come through. The background checking will manage the loads, so all apps, podcasts and iBooks will be checked.
This is actually due to the review being listed twice, with separate ID’s in the feeds.
This is not a bug in AppReview360.
If you need further help, please contact us via the contact option within the app. This will include data which helps us when answering your question.Thanks.